Sunday, April 4, 2010

Yes, But...

Excerpt from Chapter 30 – Stand At The Cross Roads: For the first time in my life I had close friendships with women I loved and depended upon, women who magically appeared at my side during any important occasion. They worked beside me at the camp. They sat by my bed at the hospital. They brought meals to my home when I was recovering from a broken back. They counseled me, cried with me, celebrated with me. I didn’t want that part of my life to change.
            And this mission I’d undertaken, it was God’s work, yes, but it was also mine. I was the one He had called to steer this ship, and during these years of good times and bad, I was hardheaded enough to keep my hand always at the wheel. I couldn’t let that change.
            Previously, in my childhood as well as my marriages, men took control of my life. That never worked for me. So being in control was a type of self-preservation.
            Pat was stronger by far than any man I’d ever known. By marrying him, I would be agreeing to share my world, to share the camp and the vision God had given me for it. Could I do that?
                                          
                                                                          Jean Bailey, Jane Pulley, Ellen Knight
                                                                            Me & Cindy VanDeventer (standing)
                                                                              Restoration Accountability Group
                                                                                                                                                                                Melissa Dunn                                  




       GOOD NEWS!


     CHRIST OUR LORD IS RISEN TODAY! 
















                                                                                        
                                                                                                                 
            

No comments:

Post a Comment