Wednesday, September 14, 2011

PRINTING NOW!

It's been 5 months since my last post, and I said on the Stand at the Cross Roads Facebook page, I have been stymied at every turn in getting this book published. My frustration with the  "process" took a huge toll on my frame of mind.  There were daily problems, errors, mis-communications, and corrections, ad nauseam and, quite frankly, I  got just as tired of writing negative updates, as you must have gotten reading them.

 On top of that, for the last few months, while battling with the publisher, I have also been writhing in self-doubt about what my friends and family might think about me, and the things about me, that I shared so openly in this story.  Although the test readers, including several family members,  overwhelming supported the book, I was still unsettled.  

However, God has used this time to further assure me, through my Christian friends and family, that it truly is His will for me to share my story.  My story?  No, His story.  This story is about God keeping the promise He made in 2 Corinthians 12:8-9  where Christ says"... “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.”  This story is about how God prefers to use weakness, weak and broken people,  to accomplish His will and how He went about doing that through me.

Monday, I realized that I had to get out of God's way and quit stalling and fixing the Stand at the Cross Roads manuscript, so, I took a deep breath and sent it to the printer.  In spite of me, it won't be long now before God will be able to use His story to reveal once again His faithfulness and continuing pursuit of real and personal relationships with His people.  All glory to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment