Tuesday, January 26, 2010

One Foot in Front of the Other


This excerpt from " Stand at the Cross Roads" seems particularly relevant today....


"In the movie What About Bob? Bill Murray as Bob Wiley has been told by his therapist that he can do anything he wants if he takes it in baby steps. That is absolutely my favorite movie.
            Throughout the film, Bob is murmuring "…baby steps… baby steps… baby step to the elevator... baby step into the elevator..."
            At Cross Roads, we found ourselves so many days just putting one foot in front of the other, moving determinedly toward whichever current goal we’d set for ourselves. Occasionally, I found myself murmuring, just like Bob. "Baby steps, baby steps. Baby-steps to improve our houses… baby-step to enclose the pavilion…."
            As I looked back at the previous year, I couldn’t help wondering if God was using the massive boulders that kept bowling me over to teach me not to move so fast. Maybe He was saying to me, "Slow down, pay attention."


Why is this particular excerpt relevant?  Because yesterday I FINALLY received a letter from the Editorial Assistant at Upper Room Publishing informing me that while my "writing has merit" the proposal doesn't fit with their publishing goals.    She encouraged me to send it other publishers and wished me well.  Bummer.


However, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God wants this story of hope and His faithfulness published.  So, it's back to baby stepping!  


                       PLEASE SHARE THIS BLOG WITH YOUR FRIENDS!   


No comments:

Post a Comment