Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hunkered Down

Excerpt from Chapter 6 - Stand At The Cross Roads:  About that time one of my next-door neighbors, Brenda Gaskins, began hounding me about meeting a Christian friend of hers. Brenda was a cheerful, friendly young mother of three with blonde shoulder length hair. Her friend lived "just on the other side of Chriesman," where Brenda pastured her horse.
            Ironically, once again I was too busy trying to figure out things on my own to get involved with people in the community, I kept putting Brenda off, and putting her off, and putting her off. She was relentless. One day she dropped by and found me, as usual, sitting in the dark, my face lit by the computer screen, books and papers scattered on every surface.
            "I’m going to check on my horse. Come get in the truck and go with me. You need to meet my friend."
            Not today. Wearing my usual cutoffs and t-shirt, my hair air-dried and unruly, I just didn’t need this right now. "Brenda - "
             "No excuses. You need to do this. Come on."

If you would like to help me get the word out about God's work through Cross Roads please click on the "Follow" button in the top left corner of this page.  Also, if you are on Facebook please join my fan page.   I have 17 "Followers" on this Blog and another 114 "Fans" on my Facebaok FAN page for a total of 130.    200 is the number that publishers and agents look for to see if a book has an audience.  It would also be extremely helpful if you would forward this to your friends and family and encourage to become Followers and Fans, too!    

No comments:

Post a Comment